IVR Hosting Datasheet
Voxeo Prophecy IVR Hosting, like all Voxeo products and services, is built on our Pure SIP™ voice platform. This powerful IVR platform is a proven reliable and flexible solution for VoiceXML, CCXML, and CallXML application hosting. It is scalable from tens to thousands of ports, and runs VoiceXML gateway and CCXML/CallXML softswitch software on open and readily available Wintel hardware.
Prophecy IVR Hosting uses a reliable, scalable, and secure tiered architecture featuring:
Direct SIP Trunking – terminates VoIP voice traffic directly from carriers into Voxeo’s Softswitch.
Cisco Telephony Call Gateways – connect calls from any PBX or telephone network to the rest of Voxeo’s open, IP-based IVR platform.
Voxeo Softswitches – intelligently route, balance, and control calls between Telephony Gateways and VoiceXML servers.
VoiceXML/CCXML Servers – provide robust XML-powered voice recognition, audio playback and recording, text-to-speech, and more to delight callers.
Optional Caching Servers – keep fast, local copies of VoiceXML and audio content when voice applications are deployed on remote web servers.
Flexible Call Gateways
Voxeo utilizes an advanced Cisco Universal Telephony Gateway which is the only solution providing 2, 4, or 8-T1/E1 ports in a single rack unit. This gateway provides standards based conversion of telephone lines into flexible SIP telephony sessions.
Industry-Leading CCXML Call Control Softswitch including CallXML IVR
After conversion to SIP telephony, calls in the Voxeo hosting environment are routed and load balanced by Voxeo Softswitches. Based entirely on highly reliable and distributable SIP, CCXML, and ENUM/DNS standards, the Voxeo Softswitch uses CCXML instructions from your applications to intelligently connect, route, and transfer calls to Voxeo’s hosted IVR platform VoiceXML gateways, any telephone, or any call center. Voxeo has always led the industry in XML Call Control, as our position as both the Editor and Chair of the W3C CCXML standards group shows. In addition, the Voxeo Softswitch natively supports CallXML, an easy-to-use IVR markup language for applications that leverage audio prompting and touch-tone entry, but don’t require voice recognition.
Best-of-Breed VoiceXML IVR Servers
Prophecy IVR Hosting uses Voxeo’s industry-leading, certified-compliant VoiceXML browser – the only VoiceXML browser in the world to pass 100% of mandatory and optional compliance tests. Voxeo’s VoiceXML browser includes comprehensive call processing, audio prompting, voice recognition, speech synthesis, and Web application server integration features. Combined with our advanced CCXML call control capabilities, these servers deliver a completely XML-based platform that matches and beats features found in traditional IVR platforms.
Highly Accurate Nuance Voice Recognition
Integration with Nuance’s distributed voice recognition engine provides scalable, flexible, and highly accurate voice recognition capabilities. Nuance Listen & Learn™ technology automatically detects and adapts to the unique speech and call characteristics of each individual caller. Nuance AccuBurst™ technology intelligently optimizes CPU utilization, improves performance, and minimizes the hardware costs of the Prophecy Platform.
Jet-Speed Content Management and Caching
A reliable tier of fast HTTP 1.1 proxy caching servers ensures timely delivery of the audio prompts and static XML content used in your voice applications despite Web server delay or load. Plus, these content proxy servers seamlessly optimize the quality of your audio prompts and convert compressed MP3 and WAV audio files to telephony standards.
Strong Encryption and Security
Voxeo’s Prophecy Platform supports SSL encrypted IP sessions, encrypted call initiation, and RADIUS authentication and is designed to support the requirements of ISO 17799, the most widely recognized international security standard. ISO 17799 addresses ten major areas of information security, including: business continuity planning, system access control, system development and maintenance, physical and environmental security, legal compliance, personnel security, organization, system and network management, asset control, and security policies. The platform is also designed to support HIPAA medical data protection requirements and is compliant with the Data Security Standard for the Payment Card Industry (PCI).
Every tier in Voxeo’s IVR platform supports N + 1 component redundancy. Our 100% IP-based hosting solution allows calls to fluidly load balance and failover between components and sites. Multiple voice gateways can answer calls across multiple T1/E1/PRI lines. Clustered Voxeo Softswitch servers can accept the calls and route them to any of several VoiceXML servers. The VoiceXML servers can request HTTP-based content via multiple content caching proxies.
Rock Solid Reliability
The complete component redundancy and intelligent XML-driven, IP-based call routing in Voxeo’s IVR platform architecture work together to deliver mission critical reliability. Should any component in one of our hosting facilities fail, the Voxeo Softswitch will automatically route calls around the failure. The result? Superior reliability with unbeatable versatility.
Because every tier in Voxeo’s Prophecy IVR Hosting solution supports multiple building-block-style components, adding capacity is as easy as adding additional servers. Our pure-software design avoids proprietary telephony cards and simplifies otherwise complex telephony scalability.
Prophecy IVR Hosting Facilities
The Prophecy IVR Hosting solution is supported by Voxeo’s pre-deployed, geographically distributed VoiceCenter hosting facilities, designed to accommodate the demands of the most wildly successful voice applications. VoiceCenter hosting facilities are built on Voxeo’s advanced Pure SIP™ Prophecy IVR Platform and best of breed components optimized for outsourced voice application hosting.
Prophecy IVR Hosting offers all of the capabilities of our Prophecy IVR Platform plus:
Comprehensive Phone Network Connectivity
Voxeo utilizes redundant fiber connectivity in multiple, geographically distributed locations to ensure your calls connect to our Prophecy IVR Hosting services quickly and reliably. Once they’ve arrived at our VoiceCenter facilities, calls are answered by carrier class Cisco voice access servers and converted to flexible, IP standards-based SIP telephony.
High Quality IP Network Connectivity
Voxeo VoiceCenters leverage one of the industry’s most comprehensive sets of public and private IP network interconnects, including direct connectivity with AT&T, MCI, Global Crossing, Sprint, XO Communications and Time-Warner Telecommunications. This comprehensive interconnection solution delivers speed and dependability unavailable from voice providers who rely on connections from a single IP network vendor, and eliminates the risk of a single point of failure.
Strong Encryption and Security
Every VoiceCenter is protected by multiple purpose-built Cisco PIX firewalls that deliver unprecedented levels of security, performance and reliability. Each PIX provides financial-class security services including stateful inspection firewalling, standards-based IPSec Virtual Private Networking (VPN), and proactive intrusion protection.
Voice applications requiring protection of audio and XML data can leverage Voxeo’s Protected Data encrypted and authenticated IPSec VPN solution.
Voxeo VoiceCenters are also built and managed to meet the requirements of ISO 17799, HIPAA, and the Data Security Standard for the Payment Card Industry
Flexible Direct Data Connectivity
Customers requiring the highest level of reliability or security use Voxeo’s Direct Data program to provision dedicated T1/T3 and Frame Relay circuits between our VoiceCenters and your facilities.
For failover and high volume emergencies, our customers use the Voxeo On Demand Data solution to connect multiple bonded ISDN data calls directly into our VoiceCenter hosting facilities. The Voxeo On Demand Data solution provides from 50 to 1,000kbit/sec of direct data connectivity at a moment’s notice.
100% Uptime Guarantee
We’re so sure that we can meet or exceed your mission critical IVR requirements that we put our confidence in writing with our 100% guaranteed uptime SLA.
Every tier in our hosted IVR architecture includes complete component redundancy. Dozens of voice gateways answer calls across thousands of ports. Clustered Voxeo Softswitches intelligently route calls in each VoiceCenter to hundreds of VoiceXML servers. And to ensure absolute redundancy, all inbound and outbound calls can failover between three load balancing hosting facilities in Orlando, FL; Atlanta, GA and Las Vegas, NV. Voxeo maintains overall port capacity at 150% of peak demand. Therefore, if any one of these sites is completely down, Voxeo can still operate at 100% capacity. Voxeo also has a hosting facility in the UK with plans for a new facility in Germany.
Voxeo’s VoiceCenters feature redundant telephony and IP interconnections, redundant conditioned N+1 UPS systems backed by on-site diesel generators, and duplicate HVAC (Heating Ventilation Air Conditioning) systems for environmental control.
Carrier Class NOC
Our Carrier Class Network Operations Center (NOC) in Orlando, Florida features financial grade physical security, online UPS and diesel generator backed power systems, and mandatory dual access control. HP OpenView system management is supplemented by automated call, platform, and load monitoring and alarming systems developed by Voxeo. And our NOC engineers are in constant communication with our Extreme Support team, providing seamless trouble ticket escalation and communication.
Unrivaled 24×7 Extreme Support
Voxeo makes a serious commitment to serving our customers. Our approach is simple: we provide world-class support and services to develop, deploy, and maintain mission-critical enterprise voice applications. With clear escalation and resolution procedures, we make certain every application launches effectively and delivers maximum impact. Our customers tell us we deliver the best support in the industry, bar none.
- Auto-Attendant: Callers dial into a main corporate number. Instead of entering dozens of touch-tone commands, they simply speak the name of the person or group they are trying to reach. Voxeo’s hosted Prophecy platform queries an existing Web-based corporate directory application. XML-based instructions from that directory application instruct Voxeo’s Prophecy IVR Hosting platform to transfer the caller to the appropriate number. Callers are delighted with efficiency and ease of communication.
- Call Centers: Callers dial into an 800 number for a large mail order vendor’s call center. Around 20% of those callers are calling to check the status of a previous order. Rather than connecting callers to expensive call center agents or to a restrictive touch tone application, the mail order vendor uses Voxeo’s IVR platform to ask the callers to say their order numbers. The Voxeo Prophecy IVR Hosting platform then queries an existing Web-based order status solution and receives XML instructions to inform the user that the order has been shipped. Additionally, the Prophecy IVR Platform then queries the shipper’s package tracking Web application and tells the caller where the package is. The result is a direct reduction in call center costs and an increase in customer satisfaction.
- Conferencing: A Fortune 500 company discovers huge inefficiencies in its existing telephone conferencing solution. Participants are constantly waiting on attendees, losing conference codes, forgetting to reserve conference bridges, and reserving expensive bridges that go unused. The conferencing solution is replaced with a Voxeo voice application which allows conference administrators to simply say the names of other conference participants. The same corporate directory Web application used in the Auto Attendant example finds participants phone numbers and automatically calls them into the conference. The result is improved employee efficiency.
- Outbound Voice Surveys: A large retail chain notices a decline in sales. Rather than launching a slow and costly outbound survey with call center agents, it creates an automated Voice Survey application which calls customers to ask opinions on products the retailer plans to sell. The Voice Survey application is written by the same developers who created the store’s Web site, and uses the CRM database those developers have already integrated. When called, the store’s customers can respond conversationally, saying things such as, “That sounds great” or “I wouldn’t buy that”. In less than 24 hours, the retailer knows which of the new products its customers desire most. Rapid deployment and easy integration mean customer experience data is gathered easily, without expensive call center costs.
Prophecy IVR Hosting Standard Features
- 100% IVR Uptime Extreme SLA
- 1 toll-free or local number
- Calls to and from all 50 states & Canada
- Direct SIP VoIP access
- Voxeo selected long distance provider
- Bridged call transfers
- Audio prompt and text-to-speech output
- Touch-tone or voice-driven caller input
- VoiceXML, CCXML, & CallXML support
- Voxeo Prophecy VoiceXML browsers
- Built-in ASR and TTS engines
- Advanced outbound call progress analysis
- Unlimited 24×7 tech support
- Tech support via phone, email, or IM
- Dedicated Voxeo account manager
- Web-based Application Manager
- Web-based Report Manager
- Web-based Trouble Ticket Manager
- Web-based Content and File Manager
- Web-based Real-Time Logger
- Web-based Real-Time Debugger
- 50mb of prompt/recording/log storag
Prophecy IVR Hosting Enhanced Features
- Up to 2,500 additional numbers
- International calls
- Direct H.323 VoIP access
- Your choice of long distance providers
- Network transfer / take back and transfer
- Support for voice authentication
- Nuance ASR and TTS
- Managed database/web/app servers
- Co-located database/web/app servers
- Application monitoring and alerting
- Server monitoring and alerting
- VPN or SSL encryption and authentication
- Direct T1 or T3 WAN/IP connectivity
- Direct T1 or T3 Telephony connectivity
- Cisco/Genesys/Avaya/Nortel CTI
- MP3/GSM/VPIM compressed audio
- Complete call recording
- Multiparty call conferencing
- Up to 100gb of additional file storage
- Audio prompt recording
- Voxeo VUI analysis and design
- Voxeo application and call load testing
- Voxeo risk and security assessment