Voxeo Launches Free International Developer Program
New Services Include SMS and Voice Phone Numbers in 40 countries plus Speech Recognition and Synthesis in over 20 Languages
London, UK – May 26, 2010 – Today at SpeechTEK Europe, Voxeo, the leading provider of Unlocked Communications, expanded its free developer program to include international SMS numbers, support for European languages and local Direct Inward Dialing (DID) numbers. Targeted at developers in EMEA, these enhancements allow for the creation of voice, IVR, text and multi-channel communications applications in a free development environment. In addition to the U.S. phone numbers currently available for developers to use in testing their applications, developers can now use country-specific numbers throughout EMEA. Over 100,000 developers use Voxeo’s platform and Voxeo’s production applications are deployed globally.
Voxeo’s developer portal provides free hosted access to the Prophecy Platform as well as resources, and technical support for the easy creation of Interactive Voice Response (IVR), voice recognition, VoIP, SMS or communications applications. With this new announcement Voxeo expands its developer program with:
- SMS-enabled International Numbers - Moving beyond simply using voice, developers can add SMS-enabled numbers and enable their application to communicate with customers via both voice and text/SMS.
- Support for New Languages - Applications using Automatic Speech Recognition (ASR) or Text-To-Speech (TTS) can now choose from over 20 languages and voices, including French, German, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Dutch, Greek, Polish, Swedish, UK English and many more.
- Self-provisioning of International DID Numbers - Developers can easily add international inbound DID numbers from over 40 countries to their applications through a simple web interface.
- International Outbound Dialing - In the development environment, applications can make outbound calls for free to 18 countries.
- Country-specific Developer Dial-In Numbers - Developers can now dial local numbers in countries across EMEA to test their applications. Previously developers could test using U.S. numbers, as well as using Skype or SIP.
Developers can use the free developer portal to create and test any kind of communications application and then simply move it into a production environment when the application is ready to go live.
“Our goal is to reduce the friction in the industry that has prevented developers from building international next-generation communications applications,” says Jonathan Taylor, CEO at Voxeo. “With these new enhancements to our hosted developer program we’re making it simple for anyone to get started building a truly global application using voice or SMS.”
Developers interested in participating in the expanded program can sign up for a free account at http://evolution.voxeo.com/. Existing developers can simply sign into Voxeo’s Evolution developer portal to add international numbers to their existing applications.
A detailed overview of Voxeo’s new developer services including supported countries and languages is available for download at: http://evolution.voxeo.com/worldwide/faq.jsp.
Voxeo unlocks communications. We loathe the locks that make voice, SMS, instant messaging, Twitter, web chat, and mobile web unified communication and self-service applications difficult to create, manage, analyze, optimize and afford. Every day we work to unlock the neglected value of these communications solutions with open standards, disruptive innovation and a passion for problem solving–fueled by a company-wide obsession with customer success. We do so for more than 100,000 developers, 45,000 companies and half of the Fortune 100 from our headquarters in Orlando, Beijing, Cologne, and London. Visit us or join our conversations on the web a twww.voxeo.com, blogs.voxeo.com, or twitter.com/voxeo.